About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, educational institutions, and social enterprises. Clients come to Koya—and return—for the gold standard in executive search. The executives we place are widely considered leaders in the nonprofit field.
Our founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world’, guides our work with clients across the country and around the world. Our team of over 50 professionals nationwide hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector. Our combined experience provides us with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
A key differentiator of Koya is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates.
This commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. Koya is a place where employees can bring their full selves to work; staff members are developed professionally and empowered to support the personal causes that matter most to them. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team.
Diversity is a deeply held value at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability and sexual orientation and strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters. We are proud of the results of this commitment: over one-third of the leaders we place are executives of color and over 50% are women. Internally, we believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
Koya has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms, by Hunt Scanlon Media as one of the top 50 fastest growing executive search firms, and by Staffing Industry Analysts as a Best Staffing Firm to Work For in 2016 and 2017. In addition, Koya’s CEO & Founder, Katie Bouton, was named a 2016 Boston Brava Award Winner by SmartCEO, which recognizes high-impact women business leaders, and featured by the Boston Business Journal as an Emerging Leader for her success as founder and CEO of Koya.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
Koya is currently seeking to hire a full-time Staff Accountant to join our team based out of our Newburyport, MA office.
The Staff Accountant will be a hands-on professional with both a strong attention to detail and service orientation. This position will report to the Finance Manager and will work in close partnership with Koya’s Finance, Operations and HR (People, Culture, & Values) teams. This accounting position provides critical support to the client-facing professionals of our rapidly growing, geographically dispersed search firm. This individual will play an integral role in ensuring the accuracy of Koya’s financial records and supporting business decisions with timely reporting.
The Staff Accountant will often be a first point of contact for staff and clients regarding their finance and accounting needs with responsibilities that include accounts payable; travel and expense report processing; account reconciliations and analysis; and the full-cycle payroll process for 50+ staff members across multiple states.
A primary tenet of this role at Koya is to offer superior support to the search teams to ensure that their work of serving clients and candidates is seamless, effective, and efficient. Koya is proud of the resources and intention put into building a robust infrastructure staff to support the work of our externally facing search colleagues. We recognize that this is a unique asset that we offer our staff and see it as a distinguishing feature in our industry. At Koya, our work is fast-paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful candidate will be a talented professional with a passion for continual learning and development, capable of performing detailed work, with a strong ability to work in a team environment handling multiple commitments simultaneously.
The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support Koya’s 50+ employees in submitting their monthly expense reports; review and ensure accuracy of expense records; reconcile monthly credit cards
- Manage Koya’s accounts payables including recording invoices and processing disbursements
- Prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, including performing general ledger and bank reconciliations;
- Locate and remedy discrepancies by analyzing data and reporting information timely and accurately;
- Prepares materials for clients such as expense listings and receipt packets to accompany monthly invoices;
- Conduct general bookkeeping responsibilities and ensure a timely closure of the books in collaboration with all Finance team members;
- Conduct monthly budget to actual reports and synthesize data for reporting to the senior leadership team.
The ideal candidates will bring a deep passion for the nonprofit sector, with who are highly organized and motivated with a keen attention to detail. They will be entrepreneurial and proactive in supporting a portfolio a variety of projects and searches in a fast-paced environment. The Staff Accountant will possess a minimum of three years of professional experience. A track record of bookkeeping experience is highly desirable.
Additionally, the Staff Accountant will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics and competencies:
- Associates Degree or higher in Accounting preferred;
- Minimum of three years of experience serving in a similar capacity;
- Demonstrated accounting experience in reconciling accounts and bookkeeping;
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for finance, payroll or accounting responsibilities;
- Ability to manage and execute on several diverse projects simultaneously;
- Excellent QuickBooks skills, particularly QuickBooks Online;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with technology, including Office suite, Excel, PowerPoint, database environments, Box, and Google platforms;
- Superb attention to detail with a strong customer service orientation;
- Excellent and adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction;
- Comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities;
- Experience processing payroll for a multi-state, 50+ employee company a plus
- Comfort with taking initiative and working independently to make progress on key business/financial-related matters;
- Solutions-oriented; the ability to effectively problem solve and rebound from setbacks;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; and
- Comfort and experience with Expensify and Apple products a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
Koya provides an exceptional benefits package to all employees. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive four weeks of Personal Time Off and two additional weeks off for firm-wide closures in August and December. Koya also offers a professional development stipend, quarterly cell phone reimbursement and an annual fitness reimbursement. Koya’s “Passion Project” stipend supports the opportunity for all employees to increase their personal philanthropic efforts and contribute to the nonprofit cause of their choosing. The Staff Accountant role is a full-time, exempt role based out of our Newburyport office requiring three days in office weekly and allowing for two remote working days.
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Koya’s People, Culture & Values team here. Koya Leadership Partners is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT applicants.