July 11, 2018 - Meet-the-Donors: Donor Advised Funds
Over 140 attendees learned about Donor Advised Funds and their intricacies from our expert team of panelists at the Mosesian Center for the Arts in Watertown. The session was highly spirited and attendees got the inside scoop about who might use a Donor Advised Fund, how popular this giving vehicle is becoming, how to get themselves on the radar of these funds and more. A tip from the day: Make sure your online presence is up to date so potential funders can see what you're up to!
- Gioia C. Perugini, Associate Director, Family Office and Philanthropy Services, Hemenway & Barnes
- Charlie Glassenberg, Vice President, Gift Planning & Investment Partnerships, Combined Jewish Philanthropies
- Karen Heald, Director, Relationship Management, Private Donor Group, Fidelity Charitable
- Jodi Rosen, Senior Philanthropic Services Manager, Vanguard Charitable
- Julie Smith-Bartoloni, Senior Director of Donor Relations, The Boston Foundation
- Jean Whitney, Philanthropic Consultant, Ropes & Gray
May 16, 2018 - Meet-the-Donors:Youth
Our seasoned team of panelists joined over 100 attendees at Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology in Boston where they helped to demystify the topic of funding for youth programming and organization. The session was information packed and offered many helpful tips and reminders about best practices in grantseeking and attracting donors. A tip from the day: Measure your outcomes quantitatively and know how to also communicate about it qualitatively.
- Alex McCray, Sr. Director, Programs, Associated Grant Makers
- Katie Everett, Executive Director, The Lynch Foundation
- Amanda Northrop, Vice President, State Street Foundation
- Elizabeth Pauley, Senior Program Officer, Education, The Boston Foundation
- Joel B. Swets, Executive Director, Cummings Foundation