Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, this 20-25 hour a week position is responsible for helping Hale achieve its mission by assisting with administrative duties to support an active and growing fundraising and external relations program.
- Gift and event administration (50%)
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of gifts to Hale (which may include pledges, pledge payments, matching gifts, and direct support), entering gift information in Raiser’s Edge, creating, printing and fulfilling acknowledgement letters, and reconciling with business office records.
- Using Raiser’s Edge, ensure event registrations and event records are maintained; prepare event nametags, registration lists, and other collateral as needed.
- Database management and upkeep (30-35%)
- Maintain database integrity and accuracy.
- Create and update constituent records as needed
- Work with program team to integrate records from VSI (program database) with Raiser’s Edge (stewardship/donor database).
- Run reports, queries and exports as needed.
- Administrative support (15-20%)
- General office support including, but not limited to, answering the Hale phone line, monitoring our office e-mail address, scheduling and confirming appointments, and preparing correspondence related to pledges and gifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- MS Office Skills, especially Word and Excel
- Familiarity with databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge and/or VSI is a plus
- Interest in fundraising, development and/or marketing preferred
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to professionally represent Hale Reservation in person and on the phone
- Flexible, dependable, friendly, cooperative member of the team
- Experience in office organization, strong attention to detail
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: Lorraine Driscoll Sousa, Director of Philanthropy, at email@example.com.
About Hale: Founded in 1918, Hale is a private, non-profit educational organization that manages 1,137 acres of woodlands, in Westwood and Dover, Massachusetts. Hale is most widely recognized for its summer day camp programs which annually serve over 4,400 children from 70 communities in the Greater Boston area. Hale also offers a family program, outdoor and environmental education experiences for children and adults, and open space for casual recreational use. We believe that the diversity of the natural environment must be reflected back in the diversity of the people who experience our programs. Therefore, we strive to provide programs and opportunities for people of any race, background, religion or economic status.