Longy School of Music of Bard College seeks a full-time Associate Director of Major Gifts and Donor Engagement to cultivate and steward relationships with the School’s supporters in order to increase donor engagement and contributions. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial, results-driven approach to the position and the ability to identify and implement innovative ideas to move the department forward. This person thrives in an environment of a collaborative decision-making with their colleagues.
- Establish a clear plan and individual prospect strategies to increase donor engagement and major gifts
- Focus on gifts of $1,000 and up, and cultivate donors
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the Director of Development
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the Board of Governors, particularly the Development Committee, in coordination with the Director of Development
- Partner with the Director of Development to set and meet fundraising and activity goals
- Work closely with Development, Communications, and Events staff to package and position Longy’s initiatives and events to donors and the press
- Oversee, develop and implement major events, including cultivation receptions, house parties etc.
- Help ensure financial targets of the gala are met and that it is used to engage and steward donors and prospects
- Identify new prospects for the Board of Governors and the Georges Longy Circle (donors of $1,000 or more)
- Develop strategies to engage our donor societies and a variety of constituents
- Prepare the President for events and concerts by preparing briefings and donor research, strategizing about seating at tables, brainstorming guest lists
- Write proposals to support Longy’s foundations targets
- Research donor prospects, prepare briefings, write proposals for support
- Coordinate prospect review, tracking and reporting meetings to ensure that prospects are moving forward in the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship cycle
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of major gifts fundraising experience or equivalent
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors
- Experience with Constant Contact and design programs helpful
- A resourceful and creative approach to work
- Experience in asking for and closing major gifts of $10,000 or more
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with individual, corporate, government, and foundation donors
- Knowledge of, and affinity for, the arts and music preferred
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge queries and reports strongly recommended
- Excellent writing skills
- Interest in working creatively on a small team
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Longy offers a competitive salary plus an Open Time Off Policy (OPTO), which includes a generous Family Medical Leave policy of 12 paid weeks. Longy also offers discounts on tuition at Longy, enrollment in Longy’s defined contribution retirement plan, group health and dental plans, life and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account and qualified transportation programs.
The Longy School of Music of Bard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or age. The Longy School of Music of Bard College values the diversity of its community.
Please submit cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: Sue Pekock, Director of Development, Longy School of Music of Bard College, 27 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138. To apply via e-mail, include Associate Director of Major Gifts and Donor Engagement in the subject line and send to: IAJobs@longy.edu.