TCAM is a growing, national consultant and third-party asset manager to the capital providers of the affordable housing industry. TCAM’s work environment is fast-paced and rapidly changing. Our company is headquartered in Boston, MA with satellite offices in Washington, DC and Pittsburgh, PA.
Job Responsibilities: Work at our main office in Boston as part of a cross-functional team to advise affordable housing stakeholders and to protect and increase asset value – including both tax benefits and cash flow - on behalf of clients. Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, general partners, lenders, government agencies, investors and property managers. Understand partnership, financing and tax matters, as well as real estate issues at the operating partnership level. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist TCAM’s asset management consulting practice group—providing analytical support, researching best practices and assisting in the drafting of client deliverables.
- Establish relationships and communicate regularly with the client and others involved in the specific assets, including government officials, syndicators, lenders and management agents.
- Respond to client requests for information through informal interactions and formal presentations.
- Perform traditional asset management responsibilities:
- Review and monitor monthly or quarterly operating reports and evaluate performance.
- Ensure the timely receipt and integrity of asset information collected and stored in TCAM database.
- Assist with the creation of reports from TCAM database including written specifications and pre-production testing.
- Analyze annual audited financial statements and follow-up with the general partner/borrower on any issues identified.
- Analyze operating partnership tax returns and work with the general partner and accountants to resolve problems.
- Conduct site visits to evaluate property management, property marketability and market positioning, management plan, and physical condition of properties. Review tenant files and evaluate compliance with Section 42 requirements.
- Analyze local market conditions and competition.
Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
3+ years of real estate experience in multifamily asset management or property management
Strong analytical skills
Proficiency in financial analysis and spreadsheet modeling
MS Excel and Word proficient
Ability to work well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-based, dynamic environment – pitching in wherever needed to achieve team goals.
Flexibility and ability to manage conflicting priorities.
Experience at a CDFI and/or public housing authority is preferred.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter, via email, to email@example.com. Please use position code “Business Analyst” in the subject line of your email.