Communications Project Coordinator
February 6, 2018
(Contract Position 80%/ 4 days per week)
Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (BCPP) is seeking a project coordinator for our key communications activities across the organization, and including the Cancer Free Economy Network (CFEN) initiative.
BCPP is the leading science-based policy and advocacy organization working to prevent breast cancer by eliminating our exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation. Over the course of 25 years, they have issued 30 major scientific reports, helped pass critical state and federal legislation, and influenced multi-national corporations to adopt safer chemical policies.
The Cancer Free Economy Network (CFEN) is a collaboration of diverse organizations seeking to solve the linked problems of pervasive toxic exposures and surging cancer and other disease rates. The CFEN goal is deliberately huge: Within a generation we will lift the human burden of cancers and other diseases by driving a dramatic and equitable transition from toxics to effective, clean and safe alternatives.
The communications project coordinator is responsible for providing critical administrative, logistical and project management for both BCPP and CFEN, a large project that BCPP plays a leadership role in.
If you are detail oriented, have strong project management skills, excellent professional communication skills and an interest in or experience with working on environmental, health or toxics issues this may be the job for you.
This position is 80% (32 hours per week) and based in our headquarters in San Francisco. It reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications for BCPP.
The communications project coordinator will play a dual role in supporting the activities of the communications team within a large, movement building network (CFEN), as well as coordinating projects and providing support for a leading non-profit in the the environmental health and science arena (BCPP)
For BCPP Overall
Provide support for the 3-person marketing & communications team, responsible for all BCPP content, outreach, digital and other communications.
- Support and manage projects, including developing and adhering to timelines for project execution.
- Provide organizational support and ensure action items, deadlines and deliverables are completed on time.
- Support marketing activities – competitive research, update and maintain calendars, social media communications, organize and maintain project files.
Provide coordination and support for Communications team to effectively implement work plans in support of a large ongoing project. Stay in sync with other Network teams, and coordinate information flow to, from and among key project areas/teams.
- Schedule team calls and activities, including agenda and notes for monthly calls.
- Maintain team calendar, coordinate training, webinars etc.
- Maintain Comms documents on intranet, keep documents up to date and organized/labelled.
- Assist with logistics for training between Comms and other work teams.
- Maintain updated list of spokespeople and coordinate media interviews with spokespeople as requested.
- Track use of materials and track data on their usage
- Help compile regularly scheduled updates on the Comms teams activities
- Attend calls and meetings with other CFEN work teams, provide updates and progress reports.
- BA/BS degree and one to three years administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of college and work experience.
- Prior experience in project coordination, particularly in a non-profit or educational setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with people.
- High degree of computer literary (Microsoft Word and Excel required) and project management skills (Basecamp, Microsoft Project), Google Suite, including analytics.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Accurate timely and consistent in performance.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently or as part of a team.
- Flexible patient and positive attitude with diverse teams and contacts.
- Experience and/or commitment to working on toxics, health, social justice or other issues
- Salesforce experience a plus.
Location: San Francisco
Salary: Competitive non-profit
Hours: Full time
Classification: Contract Position 80% / 4 days per week
Excellent Benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance; paid vacation and sick time; commuter benefit; flexible spending accounts; long-term disability insurance. BCPP provides full medical coverage at no premium cost to full time staff members. Dependent coverage is available at an additional cost to employee.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Communications Project Coordinator” Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications by February 23, 2018. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Breast Cancer Prevention Partners maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity.