About the Social Innovation Forum
Since 2003, Social Innovation Forum (SIF) has been building networks and capacity to accelerate social change in greater Boston. SIF brings together innovative nonprofit organizations and social impact businesses and connects them to passionate investors, supporters, mentors, and in-kind partners who are seeking new ways to use their resources – time, talent, and money – to create positive social impact. With over 100 organizations in the SIF portfolio and more than 2,600 committed funders and practitioners in our active community, SIF has directed more than $28 million in cash and in-kind services to our Innovators and Entrepreneurs.
To learn more about the Social Innovation Forum’s impact, check out this video: http://www.socialinnovationforum.org/our-impact
At the Social Innovation Forum (SIF), we support the growth and development of nonprofits and social enterprises that drive meaningful change in our community. We accelerate the reach and impact of these organizations through education, engagement, and connections to funders, investors, and volunteers who are ready to provide on-the-ground support and guidance to support progress and sustainability.
As our Development Coordinator, you’ll play a key role in keeping the development team stay organized, aligned, and on track to achieve its fundraising goals. You will report to the Senior Manager of Development & Communications and work closely with SIF’s Executive Director. This role is a great opportunity for someone early in their career to develop skills and experience in nonprofit fundraising, database administration, and event management, while being part of some of the most innovative and exciting social impact happening across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
SIF is a vibrant organization with a deep commitment to creating positive social change. We work in a fast-paced environment that values learning and an entrepreneurial approach. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, SIF is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Please be sure to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization. We appreciate your time and will review and respond to all applications received.
- Database Management & Administrative Support
- Maintain SIF’s Salesforce constituent database, continually updating records as needed to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Serve as the primary user of the SIF Salesforce database, supporting and ensuring all team members use the system accurately, effectively and efficiently.
- Process donations and prepare and send timely acknowledgement letters.
- Track deadlines for prospective and current institutional funders and assist in developing content for grant proposals and reports.
- Develop and maintain lists and tracking systems as needed to support the organization’s development functions.
- Support SIF’s Executive Director in managing development activities, including pro-actively monitoring the calendar and inquiring about follow up steps.
- Produce regular and as-needed reports and share with team.
- Conduct research on prospective institutional and individual donors.
- Donor Communications & Special Events
- Coordinate the production process for SIF’s large mailings and email campaigns, including annual report and fundraising appeals.
- Prepare collateral materials for events and meetings.
- Help coordinate event logistics, including pre- and post-event communications, RSVP and attendee tracking, room set up, materials preparation, catering, and technology needs for SIF’s major events, including SIF’s Winter Reception (December) and Social Innovator Showcase (May).
- Coordinate event logistics, including pre- and post-event communications, RSVP and attendee tracking, room set up, materials preparation, catering, and technology needs for smaller development events, including Approach & Impact lunches and site visits from prospective funders.
- Provide guidance and support to SIF team members around events to ensure consistent approach and execution.
- Team Responsibilities
- Working within a small, growing, entrepreneurial environment, every staff member is expected to provide support to the broader SIF team as needed.
- There may be opportunities for the Development Coordinator to supervise and/or mentor interns or co-op students as needed.
While there is no perfect resume, we will likely be most interested in your application if you fulfill most or all of the following:
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail orientation, professionalism, maturity, and discretion
- Ability to see projects through from beginning to end
- Comfort leveraging technology including experience with donor/CRM databases (experience using Salesforce for Nonprofits is highly desired), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and online communication tools (Constant Contact)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Due to SIF’s event schedule, a willingness to work some early mornings and evenings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Commitment to SIF’s mission and a deep interest in the social issues that our Innovators and Entrepreneurs are working to address
- Ability to thrive and learn in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment while bringing an enthusiastic, collaborative approach to your work
How to Apply
To apply to this position, please have an updated resume ready and complete the online application. Please contact us (via email at email@example.com) for any assistance needed in completing the application.