The Development Department at GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is looking for a Development Intern to help raise the funds that enable GLAD to meet our goals. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact on issues of social justice in a very practical way. Join us and learn about or gain further experience in special events fundraising and non-profit development.
General development tasks:
- Data entry and clean-up (SalesForce)
- Assist with mailings
- Draft correspondence to donors
- Conduct prospect research
- Assist with donor receptions and fundraisers
- Other fundraising support as needed
- Assist in managing the 180 item silent auction for GLAD’s “Summer Party” in July, including following up on auction donation requests, tracking incoming auction items, and creating display materials for the auction.
- Assist with sponsor follow-up, RSVP tracking, and other tasks as necessary for Summer Party and other GLAD events, including regional events and the Spirit of Justice Award dinner.
All interns will receive extensive training in the SalesForce database and may assist with other projects. The opportunity to take a leadership role on a project is possible depending on experience and hours of availability.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work in non-profit development and preferably some background in an administrative office setting. The ability to take direction, show initiative and follow through in a dynamic environment is a must. Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to ask questions are also critical.
This is a part-time (20hr/week), unpaid internship. Time commitment is relatively flexible; ideally intern would begin in January and stay through May. Hours are 9am-5pm with the occasional evening or weekend event.
30 Winter Pl, Ste 800, Boston, MA 02108
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Erin Semagin Damio, Database Manager