Title: Development Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
The Larz Anderson Auto Museum (LAAM) is home to "America’s Oldest Car Collection." For more than 85 years the Larz Anderson Auto Museum has been supporting the community through a variety of educational programs, exhibits, and lectures.
The Museum's goals include continued support of the community through educational outreach and the preservation of our permanent collection of early automobiles. The Larz Anderson Auto Museum also serves as a strong and well-respected resource forthe public's automotive and cultural interests.
Working with the Executive Director and volunteer leaders, the Development Manager is responsible for developing and executing a philanthropy program through donor research, prospect development, stewardship and cultivation of existing and potential donors. The ideal candidate will creatively leverage the existing resources of the Museum and its community of friends and supporters to elevate philanthropic support to new levels.
- Create a feasible and sustainable development plan, in collaboration with the Executive Director, Executive Committee, and Philanthropy Committee
- Establish solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists and research, and executes targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for a range of prospects; prepare and provide support to the ED, Board members and volunteers for solicitations.
- Develop and track proposals and activity related the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors. Manage a portfolio of major donors, stewarding and soliciting gifts of $1,000+
- Proactively research new supporters using a strategic and analytical approach
- Create, implement and oversee organization of cultivation and recognition events for donors and prospective donors
- Serve as main point of contact for leadership gift society members (the Anderson Society)
- Manage the writing and development of fundraising print and electronic collateral materials
- Recruit and manage Philanthropy Committee volunteers, schedule and support Committee meetings
- Develop and increase the effectiveness of LAAM annual appeal; grow base of individual annual donors
- Successful experience in fundraising and proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of engaging and working effectively with Board members, staff and volunteers
- Energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with an attitude of service and an ability to motivate others
- Knowledge of philanthropic community that supports Boston area and LAAM
- Fundraising database experience
Education: College Degree required.
Experience: 3 or more years previous fundraising and donor relations experience required.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to:
Sheldon Steele, Executive Director
Larz Anderson Auto Museum
15 Newton Street
Brookline, MA 02445
or email: email@example.com