Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
I. POSITION TITLE: Development Manager - Donor Data and Stewardship
II. GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The ideal candidate for Development Manager, Donor Data and Stewardship will bring experience in managing donor operations including database, research and reporting, constituent tracking and reporting systems. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated experience and success in donor prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities, including donor communication/solicitation and donor cultivation events.
III. SUPERVISOR: VP of Institutional Advancement
IV. ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Serve as database administrator of Raiser’s Edge; refurbish and expand data strategy and processes while maintaining quality and integrity of the donor experience
- Provide operational support to the department through process management including, but not limited to: list generation, software upgrades, data clean-up, database synchronizations and routine data imports/exports. Routine reporting of various donor activities and revenue budgetary goals to development, CEO and Board of Directors
- Oversee all daily data entry, including gift entry, capturing donor relationships, actions and notes when needed. Oversight also includes the filing of state charitable registrations for solicitations in direct mail
- Conduct ongoing staff training support and knowledge sharing to maximize the use of Raiser’s Edge
- Anticipate and coordinate software upgrades as needed
- Draft and oversee production and mailing of development communications, including solicitations, invitations, thank you letters and introductory materials and updates in print and email.
- Provide weekly and monthly revenue reports, as well as ad hoc stats and giving trend reports
- Reconcile revenue and expenses with Finance on a weekly and monthly basis
- Provide executives with timely donor research on major donors, foundations and event donors
- Cultivate, steward and solicit a portfolio of mid-level donors ($5-10k annually)
- Guide Young Patrons (YP) toward annual successes including fundraising events, volunteer programs and professional development opportunities
- Provide CEO and other executives with timely background information and research before donor or foundation visits, events or trips
- Fulfill donor requests ranging from questions about the organizations mission, how to make a donation, acknowledgment letter re-issue, and updating mailing list opt-outs
- Reconcile revenue and monthly revenue reports as well as ad hoc stats and giving trend reports, meet with finance department as needed.
- May supervise department interns as needed
V. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Robust understanding of financial reporting in a non-profit environment and the methods for reconciling Advancement and Finance records
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative team player with a sense of humor
- A minimum of five years of experience in non-profit fundraising donor database management with a minimum of three years of experience managing Raiser’s Edge
- A minimum of five years of progressive fundraising, sales, marketing or related experience with demonstrated success in personally soliciting and closing gifts in a non-profit setting
- A college degree, or equivalent experience, is required
- Three years of experience in developing business rules and documentation for donor databases
- Two to three years of experience with donor research, direct donor service and retention, and budget management.
Click HERE to Apply.