The Director of Development is responsible for working with the President and Board of Directors to create and successfully implement the development strategy for the agency in support of its current and long-term strategic objectives.
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan.
- Direct the planning, execution and assessment of all development efforts, fundraising, and activity of the agency including special events, annual appeals, donations, fundraising, grants, and donor database. Coordinate these efforts with the Board External Engagement Committee and senior management.
- Develop and implement successful strategies for Donor research, cultivation and solicitation. Cultivate strong community relationships with existing and prospective donors.
- Work with President and Board of Directors to establish a presence in the community to increase the organization’s visibility as a funding source for potential and current/past donors and identify opportunities and programs to identify and to engage new donors and generate increased donations.
- Assume responsibility for all Development reports to the Board of Directors and attend Board meetings as necessary.
- Cultivate Foundation and Corporate support, research grant proposals for foundations and corporations in support of organizational priorities, and maintain a master calendar for grant proposals, progress reports and financial reports. Coordinate the selection of an external grant writer. Oversee and manage their development and submission of grants selected to support the services and strategic goals of the agency.
- Oversee the management of fundraising databases and all related records. Manage pledge reminders and acknowledgment programs and co-ordinate the work of the administrative staff to support and execute fundraising programs successfully.
- Work with the President and Board of Directors to develop a comprehensive public relations/marketing plan jointly with the Director of Marketing.
- Minimum of BS in Fundraising, Marketing or related field; MA (a plus).
- Proven success in development. Must have at least five years’ experience in fundraising and management experience (non-profit experience preferred) including new donor development, individual giving, corporate fundraising, cultivation, personal solicitation and stewardship.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as experience in working with fundraising software and information management.
- Experience in recruitment, training, and management of professional staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Ability to lead and to motivate staff as necessary to achieve the organizational fundraising and external engagement goals.
- Skill at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Experience in grant writing preferred.
- This position requires use of own transportation and will require some weekend and evening hours.
How to Apply
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org