The Foundation is seeking a skilled professional to join its Development Team.
Title: Manager of Annual Fund and Events
Education: Bachelors Degree
Location: Natick, MA
Job Status: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Manager of Annual Fund and Events has lead responsibility for the Annual Fund that includes all appeals and the major events of the Foundation. This individual has supervisory responsibility for the Development Associate. In this role, he/she is responsible for all fundraising activity for the Foundation’s events and the Annual Fund and seeks to identify and secure new donors while working closely with Foundation partners, donors, committees and Trustees. In addition, this position will seek to build relationships and network with corporations, foundations, individual donors and local government officials to identify new partnership opportunities for the Foundation.
- Develop and oversee the annual fund strategy
- Manage the implementation and organization of all fundraising events such as business roundtables, house parties, affinity groups, etc.
- Manage the implementation, organization and fundraising of the Foundation’s Annual Appeal strategy
- Actively seek to identify and secure new donors for annual fund
- Support Town Funds regarding Annual Fund strategies
- Manage the planning and execution of the Foundation’s major events:
- Spring Inspiration Breakfast
- Community Leadership Breakfast
- Grant Award Ceremony
- Other Events
- Manage all aspects of fundraising for events- including sponsorships, ticket and table sales, etc.
- Cultivation and stewardship of corporate, foundation and individual donors associated with fundraising events, and others as assigned
- Identify and cultivate new corporate, foundation and individual donors to support fundraising events
- Work with vendors to design themes for major events; ensure the brand is carried through all materials, including invitation, event program, signage and all media images
Corporate and Government Relations:
- Build relationships with corporations across the MetroWest
- Build relationships with local (town), regional and state governments
- Network with corporations, foundations, individuals, donors and government officials to expand the profile of the Foundation and identify new partnership opportunities
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
- Manage Development Coordinator
- Works closely with Foundation for MetroWest Trustees and staff to ensure that the Foundation’s fundraising goals are met
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising (5-7 years experience in Development)
- Ability to effectively build strong relationships with many different constituents
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Experience with donor database (Etapestry) and/or managing data and the ability to run reports for fundraising management
- Experience with Development operations
- Experience with event planning and execution
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, focused, ambitious
- Professional demeanor, team player, positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Use resources effectively
- High degree of proficiency with MS office
Ideal candidate will live in or have strong ties to the MetroWest community. If you are right for this job, we would like to hear from you.
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements
- Writing Sample
Only candidates who submit this information will be considered.
Foundation for MetroWest offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Foundation for MetroWest is an equal opportunity employer.