Project Evident is embarking on an ambitious proof of concept phase to develop, demonstrate and plan the future of a shared services platform for continuous evidence building in the social sector. As such, we rely on founding team members to deliver results against project milestones, contribute to the success of the overall initiative and build the operating culture and structure for this innovative effort.
Over the next 18 months Project Evident will develop the approach for and deliver at least 7‐10 strategic evidence building plans for nonprofit organizations, run pilots with 3‐4 partners to test evidence and data tools and talent solutions and develop the longer term business plan for Project Evident. Our efforts will help build the pipeline of evidence informed solutions for follow on funding, pay for success opportunities and for rigorous third party evaluation.
At the heart of our work is a shared perspective that the leaders of social innovations should lead the charge of evidence building to improve practice. Their questions, well answered, will inform policy and scale knowledge and learning in line with business and operating realities. Funders, data and technology firms and researchers play vitally important roles in fueling and supporting efforts to improve, build evidence, and scale. Evident is pleased to work with these stakeholders through an innovative shared services approach. We base our efforts in a set of principles for the proof of concept phase, and larger culture of how Project Evident works with organizations, collaborators, and the field.
Project Evident intends to practice a distinctive relationship management approach with nonprofit partners, funders and collaborations, designed to build network and achieve goals. Specifically, with nonprofit partners, we seek to co‐create and leverage experiences to build the field. We are looking for people who are able to contribute to this approach and demonstrate/practice the following principles:
- Seek Partnership – we may bring expertise but we are not the experts, we are all co‐learners and co‐developers. Actively seeking to bring positive energy, build trust & combine with our team and our partners. Proving a concept is not possible without co‐ creation. It’s not track (personal best) it’s soccer (stretch the field).
- Check Yourself – acknowledge and actively manage bias, context, self‐image and challenges and be transparent to your team and partners. Ask for help. Be authentic.
- Add Value, Own the Outcome – regardless of role or position, do what it takes to speak up, engage and advance the work. Make good.
- Listen, Learn & Follow Up Rapidly – there is no other way to be a trusted.
- Consistently SWAP – Smart (as in find the smart solution, not be the smartest person in the room), Warm (be positive, empathic and caring about the challenges to be addresses), Approachable (be accessible, open and helpful, generous with time and ideas) & Productive (set goals, be clear on roles, do what we say we are going to do, on time, follow up quickly).
In line with Project Evident’s priorities, the Program Associate will provide coordination and support on key organizational initiatives related to communications, field building, strategic planning and network management. S/he will report directly to the Managing Director, Network & Strategy with a dotted line to the Managing Director, Practice & Learning. In addition, the Program Associate will interface with Advisory Board members, the National Evaluation Advisory board and investors. The Program Associate will ensure that coordination and execution of these efforts are executed at a high level of quality and meet strategic and relationship management objectives.
This position will have responsibility for both early success and building the culture and relationships for growth. The Project Evident team is committed to working entrepreneurially, nimbly, flexibly, with a focus on the needs of nonprofits and their funders. The work will be anchored in a set of principles that will guide how the team serves clients, partners with others in the field, and works together. As a new entity, working under an aggressive timeline, we will rely on the Program Associate to help ensure excellent execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute day to day communications efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, managing the content calendar, crafting high quality social media content, managing regular postings to the website, managing the outreach database and mailings for updates, newsletters
- Deliver upon the communications plan developed by consultant who serves as a communications general contractor. Work with said consultant, the Managing Director, Network & Strategy and other consultants to execute the plan
- Provide the team with document creation support for external presentations
- Provide support across the team for Strategic Evidence Plan edits and reviews as needed
Fundraising and External Relations
- Provide critical, high‐level support to Founder and Managing Director, Network & Strategy on development/ fundraising activity
- Manage funder pipeline and related activities
- Draft, edit, speeches and create documents for and with the Managing Director, Network & Strategy in preparation for fundraising activities, external events, and investor reporting
- Anticipate and respond to the Managing Director, Network & Strategy needs relative to upcoming meetings and events; coordinate and manage appropriate resources
- Draft, write, edit, proof emails and letters
- Assist with special projects as needed, including research, and emergent opportunities
- Support the Managing Director in strategic planning activities
- Draft and documents for and with the Managing Director, Network & Strategy in preparation in support of the strategic plan
- Proving support to Fellows program as directed by Managing Director, Practice and Learning
- Assist with special projects as needed and emergent opportunities
- Assist Managing Director, Network & Strategy in preparation for advisory board meetings; coordinate and communicate with senior team members as needed
- Draft and edit minutes and materials for advisor board meetings
National Evaluation Advisory Board
- Assist Managing Director, Network & Strategy in preparation for National Evaluation advisory board meetings; coordinate and communicate with senior team members as needed
- Draft and edit minutes and materials for National Evaluation advisory board meetings
The Program Associate will also perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director, Network & Strategy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
In addition to the principles outlined above, we are also looking for candidates that have:
- An undergraduate degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in development, communication, consulting or policy
- 2‐4 years professional experience, preferably in a rapid‐growth, entrepreneurial organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills with ability to write in and capture the voice of Founder and Managing Director, Network & Strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast‐paced environment, simultaneously lead multiple projects and effectively prioritize time and tasks
- Proven ability to network with and influence individuals at all levels of an organization, as well as external constituents
- High level of maturity, empathy, and grace under pressure
- Superior organizational skills, commitment to high‐quality work product, and attention to detail
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Tableau a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities
- Unwavering commitment to service and customer orientation
- Strong learning orientation ‐ the ability to learn and grow from mistakes and the desire to constantly improve and grow
- Investor relations and grant writing experience strongly preferred
- Personally aligned with Project Evident’s core values, in particular an individual with the
upmost integrity that exudes and engenders trust; organized, focused and results‐driven demeanor with a commitment to self‐development. Conducts oneself in a manner that is smart, warm and approachable
- Ability to work with a virtual team
- Extensive experience working effectively with multiple stakeholders who may have evolving priorities. Ability to interface with diverse staff in various domains.
- Position based in Boston
Please send resume, cover letter and writing sample to Siobhán O'Riordan at email@example.com