The Luminos Fund is dedicated to creating education innovations to unlock the light within every child. Around the world, there are 250 million children who never manage to learn how to read and write -- 120 million of them don’t even get the chance to try as they are denied the opportunity to go to school (UNICEF, 2015) Beginning in the Sahel in Africa, through the refugee crises in the Middle East, and into South Asia, we work to ensure children denied the chance to learn by poverty, conflict, or discrimination get access to the quality education they deserve.
By developing and scaling innovative approaches to learning for the most vulnerable children, we’re able to work at the margins of the education system, in a space where we can create real change. As we scale pioneering, new approaches to bring quality education to children in the greatest need, we work together with local governments to drive systems-level change.
Are you passionate about leveling the playing field of opportunity for the most marginalized children in the world and are looking for a dynamic start-up environment in which to make it happen? This may be the opportunity for you. The program lead will be fully responsible for the success of the Luminos Fund’s education programs in Liberia and Nigeria. This position calls for someone who can operate at a senior level, lead an international team, and is willing to do what it takes to ensure children enrolled in the program are getting the education they deserve.
The program lead position is based in Boston, MA with 50% travel to project sites in Africa. Other locations may be considered for exceptional candidates.
The full job description is available on our website: http://luminosfund.org/media/79814/luminos-jd-program-lead.pdf
The program lead will report to the senior director of programs.
Program development and management
- Lead the execution of Luminos’ academic programs in Liberia and Nigeria.
- Lead the program design work and work to contextualize program elements (lesson plans, trainings, manuals etc.) based on need and geography.
- Hire, build and support strong in-country teams.
- Drive program’s monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy by building on the existing internal and external M&E framework. Build and support a framework of continuous learning.
- Manage key in-country relations with various stakeholders including senior Ministry of Education officials.
- Manage key funder relations and efficiently report back to funders.
- Manage relationships with external evaluation partners.
- Represent Luminos in national and international conferences.
- Contribute to the development of Luminos’ organizational strategy and future expansion.
- Advanced project management skills, and especially management experience in developing world operations.
- Advanced analytical skills, including experience with financial and program data, and a commitment to build experience with educational testing data.
- Ability to write effectively for a range of difference audiences, in prose and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to master international education research and best practice.
- Passion for international education
- Data driven
- Impeccable integrity
- Natural curiosity and hunger for continuous learning
- Innate sense of responsibility for delivery of the highest quality work, in the face of challenging circumstance
- Belief that success lies in the details
- Natural affinity for technology
- Readiness to problem solve creatively, on a myriad of fronts
Experience and qualifications
- 7 years’ work experience, with increasing levels of management responsibility, across the business and nonprofit worlds.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing and developing people, with a tangible track record of successful service delivery.
- Experience in a startup environment, and building something from nothing, is strongly desired.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field is preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com