About UP Education Network
UP Education Network manages and operates six schools in Boston, Lawrence, and Springfield, MA. We serve over 3,000 elementary and middle school students. UP is invited by local school districts to restart chronically underperforming district schools as UPAcademies. Each UP Academy shares the same mission: to ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential.
The Staffing Coordinator is a critical member of the Talent Team. The Staffing Coordinator supports the Selection and Staffing team in identifying the best candidates for our school and network-based positions using UP’s selection model. The Staffing Coordinator builds strong relationships with school staff and our district partners by welcoming new hires to our network and being the first point of contact for HR related inquiries. An ideal candidate is excited about implementing and improving our current systems and building relationships and has impeccable attention to detail.
- Process incoming applications and create applicant portfolios
- Request and process candidate references
- Support candidates by providing application updates and troubleshooting application problems
- Post jobs to various job-posting websites
- Implement systems to ensure the timely, professional hiring and onboarding of all new hires into schools (via partner districts) and the Network Office
- Maintain complete, accurate individual-level Talent data for former and current employees
- Respond quickly, professionally, and accurately to school-based and network office employees’ questions about their onboarding, pay, benefits, and other Talent needs
- Ensure UP remains in state compliance by applying for waiver applications for all eligible school-based staff.
- Support the annual school-based recommitment process to forecast staff retention
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- A strong belief in UP Education Network’s core values: Students, Community, Humility, Resilience, and Humor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the education field is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
This position falls into UP Education Network’s Coordinator salary band, with salaries beginning at $45,000 and the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. Additionally, UP offers medical insurance coverage that subsidizes the majority of the employee, spouse/domestic partner, and child premiums. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, professional development, and a 403(b) plan.
We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, retain, develop, and reward a diverse and talented staff. Our students must be exposed on a daily basis to a diverse group of powerful role models - in their teachers, their school leaders, and their supporters in the network office. With this in mind, we are committed to recruiting the most talented individuals from the widest possible range of backgrounds to join our creative, mission-driven team.