Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team excites you then join us! At Big Sister Association of Greater Boston we have been helping girls reach their full potential through positive mentoring relationships with women since 1951. We are the largest mentoring organization in Greater Boston exclusively serving girls.
In partnership with the CEO and the Board of Directors, this position is responsible for major gifts and individual giving while supporting all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Big Sister’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. S/he will grow a $3M budget through the solicitation of major gifts. The VP will expand and diversify Big Sister’s donor base and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the VP will work closely with the Board of Directors. It is expected that the operating budget will increase in future years as the VP systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity. This position works with a team consisting of an Associate Director of Development, Event Manager, Grants Coordinator, and Database Administrator.
- Partner with CEO and Board members to solicit major gifts and all major fundraising initiatives
- With the Development Committee of the Board and the CEO, develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include funding from foundations, individuals, government entities, and through special events.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors and strengthening major gifts
- Promote a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.
- 7-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (creating and managing relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Proven results of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Ability to give and receive feedback as a tool for growth.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player.
- High energy and passion for Big Sister’s mission is essential.
- Ability to articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- The ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
Valid Driver’s License and access to a car preferred.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, fast-paced and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Vice President of Development to:
Big Sister Association, Attn: Human Resources
20 Park Plaza, Suite 1420, Boston, MA 02116
Fax: (617) 236-8075 |Email: email@example.com